These were a few pictures of SiFu Ray, Si-Hing Dave and Si-Hing Allan training using the equipment at the facility.
We had five people participate in the “Focus Group” class on Saturday 18May2013. The participants had varying Wing Chun/Wing Tsun experience, ranging from absolutely none to several years.
SiFu Ray started the class by welcoming everybody and going through all of the activities that we will be doing during the 1.5 hour class.
After getting our heart rate up, SiFu Ray instructed the class on the Siu Nim Tao form. SiFu Ray, Si-Hing Dave and Si-Hing Allan assisted the students as they performed each movement of the form, making sure that every point was clear.
To get our blood pumping again, Si-Hing Dave had the class work on several Step and Punch drills.
SiFu Ray then instructed the class on how to properly perform the movements of the Lap Sau cycle.
Afterwards, SiFu Ray showed one sensitivity drill using the Lap Sau cycle wherein one person actively performs a movement that will cause the other person to respond with an appropriate action.
Si-Hing Dave then showed the class how to use the Lap Da movement against an Attacker.
Si-Hing Allan worked with everybody on several one minute rounds of pad drills using the step and punch movements trained earlier in class.
SiFu Ray ended the class by going through the theory of our WTK curriculum and how we implement it in within our WTK class structure.
After the class, we gave each participant an evaluation form to fill out so that we can determine the level of satisfaction regarding the space, class length, physical challenge, variety of activities, content, clarity of instruction, time allotted for each activity, individual attention, pacing for your skill level and overall satisfaction.
We would like to thank all of the participants (Alice, Jordan, Bill, Randy and Paul) of the Focus Group class for taking the time out of their busy schedule to support us in this endeavor. We really appreciated their honest feedback which will help us improve on our Wing Tsun Kwoon curriculum, class structure and instruction.
We have 4 weeks left until we have our first class! If you are interested in training with us, you can register for a Free 2-Week Trial and experience Wing Tsun Kwoon’s classes for yourself (https://wingtsunkwoon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/freeTrial.cfm).
Please help us spread the word by linking this blog post on facebook and twitter, or directly emailing it to your family and friends. We hope to see you in class on 18Jun2013!
We are less than six (6) weeks away from opening day (18Jun2013)! It’s been awhile since we last posted at our blog, facebook and twitter pages, but that doesn’t mean that we have been sitting idle. We have been working diligently these past few weeks to complete the remaining tasks we have on our project plan.
Facility Rental Agreement
- We have finalized and signed the rental agreement with the Owner of the facility!
- We are currently working on purchasing and installing several wall bags and a wooden dummy at the facility. Our target is to have at least the wall bags installed by the time we open.
General Liability Insurance
- We have submitted our application and are waiting for our Certificate of Insurance.
- Participant Waivers are available online as part of the Registration Process at our website.
Scheduling and Business Management System
- Zen Planner has been integrated in our website (www.wingtsunkwoon.com)!
- Visit our Schedule Page (http://wingtsunkwoon.com/schedule/),
- Pricing Page (http://wingtsunkwoon.com/pricing/), and
- Members Page (http://wingtsunkwoon.com/members/) to experience the convenience of being able to view our class descriptions, register, schedule, and pay for classes, manage your account, and view your attendance and performance history.
- Zen Planner has also been integrated in our Facebook Page! Visit our Facebook Page and click on “Schedule” (https://www.facebook.com/wingtsunkwoon) to view class descriptions, register, and schedule classes.
- We are still evaluating several merchant service providers. This means that the online payment system is still not active at our website, but you can still register for classes and pay at the facility.
- Once we decide which provider meets our business needs and our account is set-up, we will add the account information into our Business Management System.
- Once installed, we still need to execute the performance qualification on the system to ensure that the system operates and performs as intended (i.e. test if the payments via credit cards and ACH are processed properly) before we implement the payment system at our website.
- After more than four (4) months of development work, we have our curriculum, class structure, and lesson plans in the final stages of completion.
- We have been trying out each lesson and fine tuning the instruction several times a week to make sure that the objective(s) is(are) met and in line with our program/curriculum.
- We are now ready for a dress rehearsal (Our tentative date is 18May2013, Saturday at 1:00PM) wherein we will runthrough a class lesson plan with a focus group at the facility. The purpose of this rehearsal is to get constructive feedback regarding our Wing Tsun Kwoon program and instruction as well as workout logistics and time management, so that we can continuously improve on our program.
- If you are interested in being part of this focus group, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are looking for several people that have different backgrounds, objectives and martial arts experience.
Intensive 3-Day Instructor Training with Sifu Carson Lau
- We are excited to announce that Sifu Carson Lau will be in Chicago from 31May2013 to 02Jun2013 to provide intensive training to the instructors of Wing Tsun Kwoon.
- One of the benefits of being a part of the Carson Wing Tsun Academy (CWTA) is direct access to training by Sifu Carson Lau, the highest ranked and most experienced Wing Tsun instructor in North America.
- The primary objective of Sifu Lau’s follow-up visit is to fine tune Wing Tsun Kwoon’s teaching program to ensure that its instructors are re-calibrated to the same teaching standards set by Sifu Carson Lau.
We are happy to announce that we already have a few people signed up for classes at Wing Tsun Kwoon! We would like to invite more people who are interested in training with us to register for a Free 2-Week Trial and experience Wing Tsun Kwoon’s classes for yourself (https://wingtsunkwoon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/freeTrial.cfm).
We look forward to training with you and share our passion for Wing Tsun!