by admin | Jun 29, 2013 | Blog, Uncategorized
The facility we were renting is closing, so we are moving to a new space on July 8th.
We will be located inside HiFi Fitness (https://hififitness.com/new/facilities) at 820 N. Orleans St. Suite 100, Chicago, IL 60610. The brown line is a block away (Chicago Ave. stop) and there are multiple CTA buses that stop right by the area. There is also street parking available as well as a discounted rate at both parking lots for our members. Our class schedule will move to an earlier schedule of 07:00-08:30pm every Mondays and Thursdays.
We have met the owners of HiFi Fitness and their management team today and are looking forward to working with them. We also received agreement regarding installing our wall bags and a wooden dummy at the space.
We will not have classes next week due to the 4th of July weekend as well as preparing the space for classes the following week.
If you are interested in training with us, please register for a Free 2-Week Trial and experience Wing Tsun Kwoon’s classes for yourself (https://wingtsunkwoon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/membershipTemplate-view.cfm?MembershipTemplateId=0B819BF2-ABF7-45E3-8713-835D8236CD87).
Please help us spread the word by linking this blog post on facebook and twitter, or directly emailing it to your family and friends. We hope to see you in class at our new space soon!
by admin | Jun 20, 2013 | Blog, Featured
After several months of preparations, we held our first official class at Wing Tsun Kwoon on 18Jun2013. This is only the beginning of the next chapter in our Wing Tsun journey. We are very happy to have new students to guide in their own journey and share our passion for the art of Wing Tsun.
We would like to thank our SiFu Steve Chan (CWTA Evanston, IL) and SiBak Chris Mah (CWTA Northfield, IL) for supporting us in this endeavor and coming to the opening day at Wing Tsun Kwoon.
As part of their visit, they presented SiFu Ray’s official CWTA SiFu T-Shirt.
In addition, they gave us the poster and cards from our Wing Tsun brothers and sisters at CWTA HQ in Toronto. Thank you very much SiSok, Si-Hings, Si-Dais, Si-Je, and Si-Mui for your support and sending us these wonderful gifts for our opening day!
Finally, we would like to thank SiFu Carson Lau. Without his support, guidance and encouragement, Wing Tsun Kwoon would not be possible. SiGung greeted us on our opening day and said 桃李滿門 (“wish your students fill up all spaces in your class”).
SiFu Ray, SiSok David and SiSok Allan are humbled by all of the encouragement and support from our CWTA family. It is because of their continued support that help drive us to succeed. We thank you all!
If you are interested in training with us, please register for a Free 2-Week Trial and experience Wing Tsun Kwoon’s classes for yourself (https://wingtsunkwoon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/freeTrial.cfm).
Please help us spread the word by linking this blog post on facebook and twitter, or directly emailing it to your family and friends. We hope to see you in class on soon!
by admin | Jun 3, 2013 | Blog
SiFu Carson Lau visited Chicago from 31May2013 to 02Jun2013 to train the Instructors of Wing Tsun Kwoon. One of the benefits of being a part of the Carson Wing Tsun Academy (CWTA) is direct access to training by SiFu Carson Lau, the highest ranked and most experienced Wing Tsun Instructor in North America.
- SiFu Lau taught several hours of one-on-one private lessons with the Instructors of Wing Tsun Kwoon, where he reviewed the following:
- SiFu Ray’s Biu Tze Chi Sau Sections 1 to 4 Forms and Applications
- Si-Hing Dave’s Chi Sau Sections 5 and 6
- Si-Hing Allan’s Biu Tze Form and Biu Tze Chi Sau Sections 1 to 4 Forms
- SiFu Lau gave an Instructor Training group lesson that focused on the first twelve (12) lessons taught to a new student. Each lesson focused on the methodology of instructing the new student on how to perform Wing Tsun movements and drills, to ensure that the new student has a solid Wing Tsun foundation.
- SiFu Lau and the Directors of Wing Tsun Kwoon met to discuss the status of the new CWTA Chicago Branch and made sure that all of the CWTA Branch processes are clear.
- SiFu Lau knows how challenging it is to run a Wing Tsun School during the first few years, so he gave the Directors of Wing Tsun Kwoon a lot of very good advice on how to successfully run the new CWTA Branch.
- SiFu Lau visited the new CWTA Chicago Branch. He said that it was a very good space for training and that he hopes that the people in downtown Chicago discover the benefits of training in Wing Tsun, whether its for their health, fitness and/or self-defense. He wishes Wing Tsun Kwoon all the best and hopes to see a lot of students at the new CWTA Branch.
We would like to thank SiFu Carson Lau for visiting Chicago to ensure that SiFu Ray, Si-Hing Dave, and Si-Hing Allan are calibrated to the same high quality teaching standards set by SiFu Lau. We really appreciated SiFu Lau imparting his business knowledge to us based on his years of experience in running a successful Wing Tsun School.
We have two (2) weeks left before we open! If you are interested in training with us, please register for a Free 2-Week Trial and experience Wing Tsun Kwoon’s classes for yourself (https://wingtsunkwoon.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/freeTrial.cfm).
Please help us spread the word by linking this blog post on facebook and twitter, or directly emailing it to your family and friends. We hope to see you in class on 18Jun2013!